Calvin Stiller has been appointed chair of Genome Canada’s board of directors. Stiller is the former chair and CEO of the Canadian Medical Discoveries Fund, a co-founder of four other venture capital funds and a medical pioneer in the area of xenotransplantation.
Stiller assumes the chair position of a board with several new members. They include:
* Thomas Hudson (vice-chair), McGill Univ & Genome Quebec Innovation Centre;
* Natalie Dakers, CEO, Centre of Drug Research & Development (British Columbia);
* Connie Eaves, professor of medicine, Univ of British Columbia,;
* Kelvin Ogilvie, professor of chemistry, Acadia Univ;
* Jacques Simard, director, Cancer Genomics Laboratory, CHUQ/CHUL Research Centre; and,
* Ronald Worton, CEO and scientific director, Ottawa Health Research Institute.